Milestone 3: Defining small business success for you
As you become more experienced with balancing the military and your professional life, your definition of success may evolve and change. Each move provides an opportunity to reevaluate what defines business success for you and your family.
Achieving small business or self-employment success
Income generated from your small business or self-employment venture may only be a small measure of success for you. To determine if you are successful as an entrepreneur, you may want to consider the following questions:
- Do you feel a sense of personal fulfillment?
- Are your customers satisfied with the goods or services you provide?
- Have you achieved a desired level of mastery in your field or are you making steady progress (i.e., are you viewed as credible, a thought leader, or as an expert in your field; are you pleased with your perceived status)?
- Are you able to recharge to prevent burnout?
- Are you on track to achieve the goals you have set for yourself in regards to your business?